Saturday 24 January 2015

Oatmeal, panzarottis, and choir practice


It was a warm day in Toronto on College Street. I seem to be on this never ending trek of finding hole-in-the-wall restaurants on my travels. Ani had suggested this place, the banana oatmeal pancakes are a must. Ani's brother Sid, Pat and I wound up waiting for a table. Aunties & Uncles. 


An old rickety table, with old rickety chairs, probably from the 50s. Just inside the door an old light yellow bookshelf, covered in dust. There it was 


The night before I was at the Monarch Tavern, with Heather, singing Only Girl In The World with Choir! Choir! Choir! led by Daveed—Nobu was out sick that night.

Choir! Choir! Choir! from Kris on Vimeo.

It was an interesting scene, a dark aging tavern kind of hidden Downtown, a couple blocks off College Street.

When we were leaving, Heather told me about the panzarottis at Bitondo Pizza, which necessitated a stop. God damn, it was one of the best panzarottis I've ever had. Even if I lived in Toronto, Bitondo's just off the beaten path, and I'm sure I would have never found it without Heather's help!

Guess whom our waiter at Aunties was? Daveed of course!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets by @Bowserfoto