Saturday 25 April 2015

1 + 2 = Wee

First and Second semesters are coming to a halt. Classes are done, save a couple of assignments, and the stress levels are coming down.

The Creative Communications Media Awards were last night with some fabulous examples of work from our program. It's full of industry folk and it doubles as a grad night for those finishing the program.

I've certainly talked about school a lot here this year, but it's really been the only major thing in my life for the last 8 months. I've never really done well at school, in fact I dropped out of high school two credits short, but I realized a few valuable lessons this year:

I clearly have ADHD and I finally recognize the symptoms. It feels so clear to me now that I'm surprised nobody said anything. Having recognized it, I am able to recognize my issues and deal with them.

It took accepting nothing but success through adversity for me to realize it, and I did.

Summer's just three short assignments away, and the weight already feels like it's being lifted.

I have no plans yet for the summer, but rekindling friendships, at least one trip and some camping are on the horizon: becoming a normal human being.

We looked at this comic in our creative writing class. I plan on reading it this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets by @Bowserfoto